In the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, People's Deputies supported the law "On State Support of Investment Projects with Significant Investments in Ukraine"
The press service of the President's Office says the document will help restore investment activity after the 2020 crisis.
The law provides state support to Ukrainian and foreign investors with an investment amount of EUR 20 million.
The bill gives a number of advantages to investment projects:
- Construction and reconstruction of adjacent infrastructure at the expense of the state (roads, utilities, electrical, gas, water and heat networks)
- Obtaining tax incentives (exemption from corporate income tax and duties when importing new equipment into the customs territory of Ukraine).
- Granting the right to use a land plot for an investment project with payment of lease on special terms.
- Securing investor guarantees by concluding a direct agreement with the government of Ukraine for 15 years.
- Appointment of an investment manager who accompanies the investor in the preparation and implementation of the project.
- State support will be up to 30% of the investment amount.
In the future, investors must create less than 150 new jobs with wages 15% above the average in the relevant field. The investment project is committed to be implemented in 5 years in the processing industry, as well as mineral processing (except for coal and brown coal, crude oil and natural gas), waste management, transport industry, warehousing, postal and courier activities, logistics, education , health care, art, culture, sports, tourism, recreation.
The Cabinet of Ministers will appoint the Government Office of UkraineInvest to be responsible for attracting, supporting and assisting investors.
The bill №3760 will significantly increase the volume of investments in Ukraine.